Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The following has been written by an overtired and kind of exhausted/little bit drunk geologist, it should not be used against her in later proceedings......... Oh, and there's swearing.

Hi People! So I have successfully completed my second swing in Newman. I've rediscovered a couple things about myself:
1. People who freak out pointlessly bug me. OMG, just take a deep breath and deal with the problem instead of screeching like a 13 year old who's parents have just taken their cell phone away, I know, doing something useful, crazy idea.
2. Females who search endlessly for male recognition and validation bug me ALOT. Not to slam on any of the guys I call friend or family, truely. But females who need a dude to verify that their existence has meaning and/or their work is worthy need to shut up, sit down and pull their heads out of their *ss*s. I mean, this is the 21st century, a penis does not make them any better or worse, it just means they get to pee standing up. It's not THAT special. Oh and anyone who takes issue with that? You know where you can shove your head, just go to the corner for a little privacy.
3. There are many fun people to hang with, but maybe not to work with. Yeah, you know who you are.

Also, I discovered what can only be described as the progeny wrought of a wrong and twisted pairing of Hawkins cheesies and a Mr. Noodle - chicken flavour. It's called Twisties (again, chicken flavour), and it's fascinating and horrible all at the same time! Honestly, I'll try and remember to bring some home as an exhibit so people in Canada can experience this and realise that yes, evil is alive and well in the world and has begun corrupting Australian snack foods. Cause, seriousl, it's gross.

And why is everything here chicken flavour? It's weird and gross, I do not want ANY snack food to be meat flavoured! Pork rinds are gross too, but at least they are on a theme, here it's chips and stuff. Entirely too weird to contemplate.

Work was good, I am adjusting to the heat, yay! 20C feels cool to me now and 30C feels nice. I am going to freeze to death when I come home for Christmas....... someone needs to meet me at the airport with a parka, thermal underwear and at least 2 sweaters. That means you two sisters dearest! I'll bring back goodies in recompence, I swear.

Hhhhhm, what else...... I have an Australian Drivers License now, yay! Along with my bank account, cell phone and other assorted bits of plastic I am beginning to feel like I might actually reside here! It's a little weird.

And unfortunately the roommate of the nice Canadian metallurgist I was going to move in with has had a contract extension, so now I will have to find a real place, all by myself. Bah, humbug! This is not the worst thing in the world but it means a lot of work, which is annoying. And I was hoping to get a place with a roommate so I could avoid leaving my house empty over half the time, it feels like a bit of a waste.......

Okay, so I know there are no pics and this is a little short an glib, I'm just in from Newman and am a little tired, haha. I will do a better post before I head back out to camp, hopefully with pics this time!

Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment