Monday, March 2, 2009

Okay, so I've had a good break and am heading back to work tomorrow. I'm learning diamonds rigs this swing, so I may actually have something to contribute, haha. RC is kind of fun, but I'm not much help unless someone is actively training me.

I've had a busy break, a couple driving lessons with Sleiman (yes that is his actual name, it's not just beer, heh). And I should need just a couple more before I'm good to go for driving stick.

I also had an evening out on Saturday, it was interesting. But very, very drunken. We managed to get around to 5 or 6 bars, which was quite a bit of work but we managed :-) Most of the work came from getting to Perth from Fremantle to get to more bars, but I've had practice with long distance bar hopping before.

It made the next day on Rottnest a little painful, but I toughed it out. It's a pretty cool place, gorgeous and laid back, I need to go back for a couple days, do the bike rental stuff and visit the more secluded west end beaches and coves. The whole island is only 10 or 12 km long so it's not a big deal to bike. The photo is one of the many coves, it actually made me want to go swimming. Weird.






One of my tours on Rottnest was a boat tour with underwater views - so cool. I am still trying to get scuba diving lessons sorted, but until then this can tide me over. This is one of the wrecks we went past, a little creepy but pretty cool.








There were also fish, this one was grumpy. They told us what they were, I have forgotten. I'm okay with it.











These were less grumpy, but not exactly friendly. More concerned with finding dinner I guess :-)












The day was gorgeous, the trip back from the boat tour had some good views of the island. Look at all the pretty beaches Cristen! I have finally posted beach pictures, Cristen should be happy.










I just put this one is because the water colour is so nice. I need to go back here just to go swimming, yay!











I also managed to view, and hopefully rent, an apartment this break. it's in South Fremantle (Beaconsfield), a 2 bedroom which I have no intention of sharing. I'm just not a sharing kind of person about some things. But it does mean I will have an extra room for people to come visit, yay!

The place has ridiculously high ceiling, 15 feet I'm guessing, it's pretty nice. If you want to google it it's 250 Hampton Road, Beaconsfield, Perth, notice how close it is to the beach? Haha. The downside is, I have to buy my own fridge, it's not that big of a problem really, and I need a washing machine, but a friend of mine lives upstairs from me (one of the big reasons I was interested in the place - not many friends here so I may as well hang around the ones I do have, haha) and says I can use their washing machine if I need it, so not too many problems. The landlady seems really nice, and understands about the geologist lifestyle (she's a surveyor, kind of a kissing cousin to field geologists), so is not worried about my weird schedule. The place doesn't have a pool, but I live near the beach, so I really don't care about that :-)

And now I am off to get ready for heading back to work tomorrow. Mostly it's annoying packing, and getting to bed early for my early flight, yay.......

Talk to you all later.........

3 comments:

  1. You should also go for one of those places with a red roof. They look so much nicer than the grey roof of the building your talking about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would also like to say that i am glad you are learning to drive there and not here. lol

    ReplyDelete